1. Register holder
Flow of Experience, Uitontie 6, 94300 Kemi
2. Contact information for register related matters
3. Register name
Elämysvirta – Flow of Experience product and service customer register
4. Purpose of handling personal data
Personal data is handled in order to manage, analyse and develop the customer relationship, as well as for the creation of profiles of registered parties. In addition, personal data is used for communication with customers and marketing, including direct marketing, opinion and market surveys and for the planning and development of the register holder’s business activity.
The data can also be used for statistical purposes and for the purposes of developing the service.
5. The data content of the register
The register may include the following information:
• contact details, such as names, address, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses;
• registration details, such as user ID, personalised username, password and any other personal ID;
• date of birth, gender, title or profession and mother tongue;
• data relating to the customer relationship, such as billing and payment information, product and delivery information, customer feedback and customer contact, prize draw and competition response information as well as cancellation information;
• usage and activity information relating to services, communications or other content and elements pertaining to customership;
• profile and interests information provided by the registered user;
• direct marketing permitted and declined;
• cookies and other equivalent files, including information related to them, sent to the registered user’s terminal;
• technical information sent by the registered user’s terminal to the register holder’s server (such as the IP address, browser, browser version);
• any other information collected with the permission of the registered user.
6. Standard data sources
Data relating to the registered user is obtained in a proscribed manner:
• from the registered user as they register to use the service or as they use the service by phone, on the internet, via e-mail, or through some other equivalent method through customer interfaces;
• through cookies or some other equivalent method.
Personal data can be collected and updated also from official bodies and businesses that provide personal data services.
7. Standard data submission
Personal data can be passed onto, amongst others, partners carefully chosen by the register holder for marketing purposes that support the intended usage of the register, in line with the restrictions and allowances of the prevailing jurisdiction.
The register holder may transfer data contained within the register to its own direct marketing registers after the ending of the customership.
8. Principles of register protection
The register is maintained as a technical record. The information system is protected with firewalls and other technical methods and the register is only used by people designated as users as part of their job specification.
9. Right to inspection, correction and denial of use
The registered user has, under the Data Protection Act, the right to see what data has been recorded about them in the register. A request for personal inspection must be sent in writing. The request may also be made in person at the register holder’s premises. The register holder may charge a reasonable fee for the cost incurred in the handing out of data, in the event that the registered user uses their right to inspection more than once per year.
The registered user has the right to deny handling and passing on of data concerning them for direct advertising, distance selling and direct marketing as well as for market and opinion surveys by contacting the register holder. The denial of use does not cover customer communication or registration, any other specific order, advertising relating to the content of services required as part of joining up, or communications relating to entitlements.
The registered user has the right to demand correction of erroneous information regarding them by contacting the register holder.